I want to be debt free in 2019- a common New Year’s Resolution for too many people at this time of year, and most often it never happens. Why? have you heard of the term “Wishful Thinking”? Well the fact is, why most people never achieve being Debt Free is because it is a wish not a dream!
So what is the difference between a dream and a wish? A dream is an inspirational image from your mind of what the future could be if you apply your mind, will, and emotions. It is a call to action which, if carried out, will bring the dream to fruition. A dream is a mental picture, a blueprint if you will, of your purpose and potential that is only achieved if it is actioned.
A wish is something you see that others have and which you would also like to have……if it fell in your lap. You have no plan and do not intend to action it. There are two differences between a dream and a wish,
- a plan and
or the lack of one or both of these, depending on whether you are looking at the dream or the wish. So DREAM, Dream BIG and put together a plan to take you there. Be realistic in your plan. Smaller goals to begin the journey and then improve them as you achieve them.
A Debt Free Plan
If you ever want to be debt free in 2018, you need to turn that new year’s resolution (the wish) into a dream. You need to see yourself debt free. If you cannot see yourself debt free, you are missing an important part…..the mental blueprint. The destination is missing from your travel plan. You need to see it, feel it and believe it. Once the emotions are active, and they will become active, anything is achievable.
So beware, if you visualise in your mind that nothing is going to change and that you will still be in debt in 2019, it will be so. Your mind will plot that course for you. Visualise yourself being debt free. See that picture in your mind every morning, before you get out of bed and every evening when you retire. Believe it and your mind will plan it and if you are prepared to action it, it will happen.
A lot of the required actions will not let you feel comfortable. But then, your comfort zone is what got you where you are today. Get out of your comfort zone and do the uncomfortable until it becomes comfortable. In this way, you will become better at what you need to do to succeed.
Remember: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
The Best Debt Relief Program
The best Debt Relief Program? Don’t make Debt. Sure, but this does not help if you already have too much debt. So, we will have to go for the next best thing to be debt free fast – a sound plan and Self Discipline, and the biggest problem here is you and your self-discipline. If you cannot acknowledge this, then you will probably be in debt for a long while. We are never keen to get out of our comfort zone or to acknowledge that we are at fault and until we do both, we will probably not succeed.
Sure, there are reasons why we did what we did but we need to acknowledge that we did it and take ownership of it so that nothing and nobody can give us reason to fail again. Take a stand, dream big, and put your plan into action. Sure, you have had people and schemes in your path that have not aided your success. That does not mean that you are unsuccessful or that you have failed. You have only failed when you have given up. Never give up. Most successful people have failed a number of times before they found a successful plan.
Find a plan that works for you and work at it until. That’s right…..until. Until you get it right. One of the best attributes of all successful people is their perseverance. Never stop trying until it works. Others get it right so there is no reason why you cannot.
Getting Out Of Debt Tips
So how do I do it you ask? Give me some tips you ask? Well, most of the tips I will give you, you know already and you just need to action them. It is not rocket science but if you have never been taught them, how will you implement them? No School offers financial life skills as a subject, that I know of. I am no financial wizard and have been through my own rough patches. The tips that follow are the tips I have used. Not all my own ideas, I also got help from knowledgeable people, and that is my first tip, then:
- Draw up a budget and stick to it.
- Document every cent you spend, tips, takeaways, smokes. Sodas, everything. This way you will see where you are bleeding money.
- Heard of “that gut feeling” or “Butterflies in the stomach”? Follow that gut feeling. If there is 1 butterfly in your stomach when you are thinking of buying that new fridge or car, listen to it and don’t do it.
- If you have a shortfall in your budget, don’t just not pay an account. Contact your creditors and tell them that you will be short paying them. Better to pay everyone something than someone nothing.
- Find another source of income. This can be a short term or long term solution. None of us like taking on a second job. If this is not an option, work from home. I have yet to find a situation (not saying that there is no such situation) where we cannot work from home. MLM, Affiliate Marketing, Online businesses, making and selling items etc.
- Cut down your spending on account. If you have a credit card, eliminate credit card debt. Do not fall prey to the temptation of spending that $100-00 you paid off last month. At worst, in an emergency, only spend 50% of it. that debt must diminish every month or you are not succeeding. It is best to eliminate credit card debt fast.
- Stop or at least minimise the outings. They cost money.
- The above also applies to entertaining. Try the good old South African method, “Bring and Braai” Everyone brings their own food and drink for a barbecue
- Cook and eat at home. It is a lot cheaper and healthier.
- Start your own back yard garden, You can produce the bulk of your vegetables and even some of your meat (chickens and fish).
Eliminate Credit Debt
Accounts are a killer. As long as you buy on credit, your budget will surely be stretched. You have to eliminate your credit debt quickly. Listen to the gut. Buy as little as possible and never on credit. Yes, there are some things you cannot avoid, for example, College student loan debt. What student from a working-class family can afford college without a student loan? This is however not an excuse for spending on credit.
Can You Make Real Money Online
There is always the option of online businesses. These have however been given a bad rap and not without good reason. There are thousands of opportunistic people out there that just want your money. They get it by making false promises to help with your college student loan dent., reducing credit card debt quickly, debt-free info etc, and all they do is make you upgrade to get any sort of help.
My personal experience is that if a site asks for your credit card before even allowing you an opportunity to try their product, it is probably a rip-off. This is definitely not true of all the sites out there but there are many that truly need to be stopped. These sites really make it difficult for a beginner, and even experienced people, to find a legitimate business opportunity. Many people become so disillusioned that they do not believe any offers on the internet.
Notwithstanding the fraudsters etc, there are a lot of legitimate and great businesses out there that can make you a real income. Some, good enough to let you work from home permanently. The secret is in finding them.
How To Avoid Home Based Business Scams
How to avoid home based business scams is the million dollar question. It is asked by millions and answered by few. Believe it or not, there is a way. Here is what I believe.
If the business is as good as they believe, why do they need your credit card details before you can sign up? I mean, if the site is so good and makes you thousands, why not let you try before you buy? What is that? You say some do? OK, but do they ask for your credit card first, or does your trial expire after 30, 60 or 90 days and you lose all the hard work that you have put into the site if you do not pay? So in other words, you pay, either in time and effort or in cash.
What I did was to look for a business that made the promises but also :
- Had no sign-up fee
- did not require a credit card
- Gave me free access
- Gave me a free website that did not expire
- Gave me free hosting that never cost you a cent
- Gave free training
- Allowed me to make money off the free sites without taking a commission (yes I said sites).
- Did not require you to jump through the upgrade hoop to get the system to work. Look, they have to make money but the system should fully function on a basic level and have special features to enhance the site with the upgrades.
Is It Too Good To Be True
No, I was not daydreaming. It was what I thought a true business should do if it was legit. If it worked on a basic level, where I have to do more work to get it to work, I would be happy with that. If it worked on the basic level, and I made money, then I would be happy to upgrade to get better features. I would not be compelled but could choose to upgrade. Did I find it?
You be the judge of that. I found a business that does the following when you join with the free Starter:
- Instant access to the Wealthy Affiliate community.
- This includes the live chat,
- 2 free websites,
- Free hosting of your 2 websites
- over 500 training modules,
- 3 classrooms and
- access to the keyword tool.
With this free package, you could earn the extra cash you need to get out of the financial fix you are in, or you could save for that new car, holiday or college fees.
Find A Way To Make Money Online Free
There are many ways that you could make money online. In fact, you can earn a living online. Formalise your dream. Know what you want and need to do. Look for a means, a second job, a better job or an online business or a brick and mortar business. These are just some of the options you have. All of them probably require longer hours of work and possibly startup capital. I say possibly startup capital because I have started my online business without paying a cent.
If you say “I Want To Be Debt Free In 2018” and would like to have your own online business, without paying a cent, as I did, Follow this link and sign up for free. You will get all that I described above, for free. You could develop it into a full-time business. If this is of interest to you, Follow this link and I will give you free access to the premium version training for 1 week. Act now and get yourself out of debt in 2018
I hope you found this article interesting. If you have any comments, please leave them below, they will be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or for more info, contact me here.